Hotels Near Clearwater FL
When looking at hotels near Clearwater, FL, many visitors are looking to escape harsh winters up north and just want to enjoy hours on the beach. However, others may want to do more than soak up the sun and take advantage of all Treasure Island and its surrounding areas have to offer. If you work up the energy to leave the sand, we have compiled a variety of fun things for you to do in the area.
- Fishing: Being located right on the Gulf of Mexico, our city offers in-shore and offshore fishing options that are just a short walk away. While fishing in the area you can expect to catch snook, redfish, king mackerel, and tarpon.
- Boat/Waverunner Rental: If fishing is not your thing, but you still love being out on the ocean, you can rent a variety of boats and waverunners. You can also rent a kayak to get some exercise while cruising around our aquatic playground.
- Cruises: If captaining a boat is not in your skill set, you can sit back and relax on one of our many cruises. For the kids, there is a pirate themed cruise on a real pirate ship. If you have never seen a dolphin, there are a variety of cruises that offer the chance to ride next to the dolphins and even get in the water with them.
- Golf: Located just outside of Tampa, our guests are just a short drive from any one of the dozens of nearby public courses. Until recently, the Champions PGA Tour took place in Tampa, offering you the chance to play on the same course as many golf legends.
- Local Sports: Neighboring Tampa, you can support one of our local teams or sport your favorite team as they face off against the Tampa Bay Ray, Buccaneers, or Lightning.
- Cigars: Tampa is regarded by many as the Cigar Capital of the world and is home to many famous cigar factories. It is also home to the annual Cigar Heritage Festival, which attracts aficionados from all over.
When looking for hotels near Clearwater Beach, FL, look just down the coast and consider staying at our beachfront hotel and enjoy all Treasure Island has to offer.
Treasure Island Beach Events now subject to new Florida State Regulations
Thanks to a lawsuit filed by the owners of The Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel and other owners of beach hotels in Florida's Treasure Island, the state of Florida has increased regulations for beach events. The hotel owners argued that the huge influx of beach events in the small resort town was causing beach erosion and harming the environments of local animals. The state now requires anyone planning an event to present detailed site plans, bird and turtle nesting surveys conducted by independent groups, and permits for any activities that will take place beyond the coastal construction control line.
The biggest complaint of the hotel owners filing the lawsuit was that the city allowed cars to park and drive on the beach, which they claim is in violation of state law. Such activities cause damage to the beach. City Manager Reid Silverboard is opposed to the new regulations, and sees it as an unfair treatment for the city that not all cities are subject to. Their "unique venue, a wide sandy beachfront," he says, brings in a lot of revenue and the new regulations are not a welcome change.
However, the hotel owners worry that the destruction of the beaches will lead to decreased business for their establishment if tourists lose one of the main attractions of Treasure Island. Beach hotels in Florida bring in a lot of revenue for the state and the local Treasure Island economy. Some aspects of the case may now be subject to a summary judgment filed by the city, but the new regulations are moving forward.
Page Terrace Property Updates
Currently at the Page Terrace Hotel we are working to update the property including the rooms.
As of December 2012, the updates to the Page Terrace Hotel include the following:
Coming soon will be a refurbished web site as well as some minor building improvements.
- All Room Bathrooms are newly Renovated.
- All Room Kitchenettes are newly Renovated.
- All Rooms have 32" Flat Screen Televisions with DVD Players.
- New PGT Insulated, Tinted, and Impact Hurricane Windows in All the Rooms.
- New Fiberglass Front Entry Doors with new hardware.
- New Landscaping.
- New Hallway Carpet installed.
- New 7 Space Bike Rack on the side of the building.
- New high powered Wireless Internet access system that can reach all throughout the building as well as around the Pool, Patio and the Beach.
- New Wall Art.
We thank you for your business and welcome any thoughts for future improvements.
Here are some pictures of the completed rooms.